Dental Cleanings and Check-ups Near You
Did you know that at-home brushing will not remove all the plaque from your teeth? It is essential to receive professional teeth cleanings at least twice a year to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy. When plaque is left on your teeth, it turns to tartar, which causes tooth decay and cavities. Only professional teeth cleanings will remove all the plaque and tartar from your teeth. Our office is happy to offer dental cleanings and check-ups in Winnipeg to ensure your teeth are as clean as they can be.
The Importance of Dental Check-ups
Dental check-ups in Winnipeg are essential to maintaining your oral health. Many oral health problems are not visible to the naked eye and show no symptoms in the early stages. When plaque and tartar are left untreated, it begins to build up under your gum line. This causes gingivitis and, eventually, periodontitis. The longer you leave gum disease untreated, the higher the chances are of tooth loss.
The Process of Receiving Dental Cleanings
Our office provides thorough dental cleanings near you to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy. During your dental cleaning, we will perform the following:
- The removal of tartar and plaque – Our hygienists are equipped with all the tools to remove the buildup of tartar and plaque from the surface of your teeth.
- Polishing – We will then proceed to polish your teeth to remove excess bacteria, which will improve the appearance of your teeth.
- Flossing – Once your teeth have been cleaned, we will floss every crevice between your teeth.
- Fluoride treatment – We will provide you with a fluoride treatment to strengthen your teeth.
The Process of Receiving Dental Check-ups
After your teeth have been thoroughly cleaned, our dentist will then examine your teeth, tongue, gums, and cheeks for any abnormalities. During your dental check-up, your dentist will:
- Examine your teeth for signs of tooth decay
- Examine your gums for indicators of gum disease
- Screen for oral cancer
- Take X-rays to check if your teeth, gums, and jawbone have no abnormalities
- Check on the development of your wisdom teeth
- Check on any dental restorations you have
After your mouth has been examined, you will have an opportunity to discuss any oral health concerns you have. Our dentist will be happy to listen, provide advice, and tips to improve your oral health.
Dental check-ups near you allow our dentist to detect oral health problems in the early stages before they develop into more severe issues.
Prevention is, without a doubt, the best option. Gum disease is almost always preventable with proper care and oral hygiene. Our dentist recommends the following tips to maintain good oral health:
- Brush twice a day for at least two minutes. Ensure you are brushing every surface of your teeth.
- Floss at least once a day to remove excess food particles and to clean the remaining surface of your teeth that has been missed by your toothbrush.
- Rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash.
- Clean your tongue to remove bacteria and improve your breath.
- Rinse after each meal. If you cannot rinse, drink water to remove food particles to prevent plaque buildup.
- Schedule a dental cleaning and check-up every six months.
Looking for Dental Cleanings and Check-ups Near You?
Are you looking to receive dental cleanings and check-ups near you? We are happy to offer dental cleanings and check-ups in Winnipeg to help you achieve optimal oral health. We typically recommend patients to schedule an appointment every six months. However, depending on your oral health, we may recommend visiting us for dental cleanings in Winnipeg three to four times a year. It is essential to have your teeth professionally cleaned and checked to prevent oral health problems and improve your oral health. Contact our office to schedule an appointment today!