Porcelain veneers near you are one of the most effective and natural-looking cosmetic dental treatments that you can get to enhance your smile. These are thin, tooth-colored shells that are placed over the fronts of teeth to cover up minor cosmetic imperfections in your smile.
Porcelain veneers are very durable and stain-resistant, providing a great solution for an imperfect smile. They can improve your confidence and overall quality of life. When you invest in porcelain veneers, you will want to do everything you can to get the most out of your investment. In this blog post, our team at Smiles On Portage tells you all you should do to ensure that your porcelain veneers last.
What Problems Can Porcelain Veneers Address?
If you have yet to get porcelain veneers in Winnipeg, you should speak to your dentist about how this cosmetic dental treatment can benefit you. Porcelain veneers can typically address a wide range of cosmetic dental issues, including:
- Gapped teeth
- Misshapen teeth
Remember that to be a good candidate for porcelain veneers; you must have healthy teeth and gums. If you do not have this, you will need to undergo treatment to get your mouth healthy before moving forward with veneer placement.
To Get the Most Out of Your Veneers, DO:
- Continue to follow a strict oral healthcare routine of brushing each morning and evening and flossing once each evening.
- Use a soft toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to brush your teeth, so you do not damage your veneers. You can also consider purchasing an electric toothbrush with a pressure monitor to ensure that you aren’t being too aggressive with your brushing.
- Continue to get professional dental cleanings and checkups from a qualified dentist in Winnipeg at least once every six months.
- If you participate in sports, you should consider purchasing a professional-grade mouthguard to keep your veneers and teeth protected from trauma due to injury.
- Try to maintain a healthy diet to reduce the amount of acid in your mouth after drinking or eating. If you indulge in a sugary snack or drink, try your best to rinse out your mouth with water.
If You Have Porcelain Veneers, DO NOT:
- Clench and grind your teeth, as this can damage your veneers. If you tend to clench and grind your teeth while you sleep, speak to a dentist near you about your options for custom-made night guards. A night guard can keep your teeth and veneers protected from the pressures of grinding and clenching at night.
- Use your teeth as tools. Whether it is to open a bottle or plastic package, teeth should never be used as tools. Reach for the scissors or bottle opener instead!
- Smoking is bad for your health as it is, but tobacco products can stain your veneers. After spending so much money on a new smile, the last thing you want to do is tarnish it.
Visit Smiles On Portage
If you are ready to transform your smile with the help of porcelain veneers, please do not hesitate to contact our team at Smiles On Portage. We are happy to discuss your smile goals with you and determine the best course of treatment for your needs. Please reach out to us to book your consultation with our experienced and passionate dentist today!