Welcome to Smiles on Portage Dental Centre, where we specialize in a range of dental services in general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry – and this includes providing patients with dental crowns.
Crowns are basically “caps” used to fix broken or damaged teeth.
There are many situations in which a patient might require a dental crown. A crown may be used, for example, to hold together the fragments of a broken tooth or to prevent a vulnerable tooth from breaking. A dental bridge can be supported by crowns, which can also be used to conceal a tooth with a significant filling or to cover a tooth that is deformed or discolored.
Advantages Of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns offer several advantages to patients who need to restore the function and appearance of their teeth. Here are some of the main advantages of dental crowns:
- Protection: Dental crowns shield compromised or injured teeth from further harm. They completely encase the tooth, keeping bacteria and decay from penetrating it and causing more issues.
- Durability: With proper maintenance, dental crowns can survive for many years. Strong materials that really can endure the pressures of biting and chewing are used to make them.
- Invisibility: Dental crowns can be made to resemble the color and shape of your natural teeth for improved aesthetics. As a result, they can easily match the rest of your grin, enhancing the entire appearance.
- Comfort: Dental crowns are designed to fit comfortably in your mouth. They are customized to match the size and shape of your natural teeth, so you won’t even notice that they are there.
- Functionality: Dental crowns make your teeth more useful. They can make it easier for you to chew and speak, as well as reduce any potential sensitivity or pain brought on by broken or rotting teeth.
- Versatility: Dental crowns are capable of solving several dental problems, such as strengthening a weak tooth, repairing damage to a tooth, hiding a huge filling, securing a dental bridge, and enhancing the appearance of a deformed or discolored tooth.
Overall, dental crowns offer a safe and effective solution for restoring the function and appearance of damaged or weakened teeth.
Two visits to our dentist in Winnipeg are usually required for the procedure of acquiring a dental crown. We will shape the tooth to suit the crown during the initial appointment and remove any decaying or damaged regions. To make a custom-made crown that matches your natural teeth, a dental laboratory will need an impression of the tooth and the teeth around it. We will cover the prepared tooth with a temporary crown in the interim to keep it safe.
You will make a second visit to our office once your custom-made crown is complete. The temporary crown will be taken off, and the permanent one will be installed in its place.
To guarantee a secure and appropriate fit, we will make any modifications required. With careful maintenance, the crown should survive for many years once it is in place. Our dentist offers dental crowns near you made from a range of materials, including porcelain, ceramic, metal, and composite resin. Based on your needs, tastes, and budget, we will collaborate with you to choose the most suitable course of action.
To keep your dental crown in place for a long time, you must adhere to a good oral hygiene routine. Regularly floss and brush your teeth, as well as visit our clinic for checkups and cleanings. Your dental crown can help you keep a radiant, healthy smile for many years if you take good care of it.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our clinic to arrange a consultation if you believe you might require a dental crown in Winnipeg. Our team of skilled dental specialists is committed to offering you individual, superior dental care.